Mountune Turbo Upgrade
Fits 2016-2018 Focus RS
Application 2016-2018 Focus RS
The mountune MRX Turbocharger Upgrade for the 2016-2018 Focus RS offers incredible power output with minimal increase in turbocharger lag, which greatly enhances the driving experience.
Tested and validated over thousands of miles and countless hours on the dyno for durability and performance, the mountune MRX Turbocharger Upgrade includes all required hardware, fittings and hoses needed for a complete installation. This upgrade does not require any fuel system upgrades and is compatible with both 91, 93, and 94 octane fuel. However vehicle fuel system upgrades along with internal engine upgrades will allow you to reach the maximum potential of this kit at over 550hp.
The mountune MRX Focus Turbocharger Upgrade has been developed for those that desire a fully engineered upgrade that provides an optimized power band. Unlike other bolt on upgrades that deliver just peak or high RPM power, the mountune MRX Turbocharger Upgrade offers performance throughout the entire power band ensuring a very responsive and drivable car. The MRX Turbocharger Upgrade is designed for those that are looking for well balanced yet extremely powerful performance derived from years of developing race winning Ford 4 cylinder turbocharged engines.
The mountune MRX Turbocharger Upgrade is engineered around the BorgWarner EFR turbocharger platform for seamless integration and excellent response and performance. Developed as a complete system with everything available from one source ensures the performance and quality you’ve come to expect from mountune. Because of the unique Low Inertia Gamma-Ti Turbine Wheel, power comes on strong with amazing response and virtually no turbo lag. Integrated recirculation valve ensures smooth drivability and throttle transition. We rely on the BorgWarner EFR 7163 for the foundation of the MRX kit. The EFR 7163 lends itself well to incredible response with virtually no lag while producing incredible power and a very drivable car.
ngineering and Development
- Extensive Durability Testing
- Engine Dyno Validation
- Race Track Validation
- Dual Row Ceramic Ball Bearings – lowest friction and fastest spool/response
- Water Cooled Center Section
- Double seals on both turbine and compressor end for extreme durability and resistance to any oil seepage
- Integrated Speed Sensor mounting provisions
- Low Inertia Gamma- Ti Turbine Wheel
- Stainless Steel Turbine Housing
- mountune Ni Resist turbocharger adapter
- Preformed coolant hard line ensure trouble free installation and performance
- mountune Integrated recirculation valve upgrade ensures smooth OE operation and perfect drivability coupled with durability.
- 1x mountune Ni-resist Cast Turbo Adapter Assembly
- 1 x Motorsport Turbo Down Pipe
- 1x mountune Configured BorgWarner EFR-7163 Turbocharger Assembly with mountune recirculation valve.
- Turbocharger Gasket Set
- Stainless Steel Hose Clamp Set
- 1x Turbocharger Oil Inlet Hose Assembly
- Hardware Kit
- Inlet and Outlet Turbo Water Supply
- 1x Tube Adapter, Turbo Oil Drain
- 1x Gasket, Oil Return Tube
- 1x mountune 5-Ply Compressor Outlet Silicone Elbow Hose
- 1x mountune 5-Ply Compressor Inlet Silicone Elbow Hose
- 1x V-Band Clamp, EFR Exhaust Outlet
What you need
- Upgraded intercooler
- Cobb Accessport or Syvecs ECU and tuning
- mountune full Intake or suitable example.
- Recommended- add at option list : Upgraded High Pressure Fuel Pump XDI-HPFP-35
- 3″ inch exhaust
As with any upgrade of this type, additional strain is placed upon your engine and drive train. While we have thoroughly tested and validated the EFR 7163 upgrade without issues, additional power, cylinder pressure and temperatures may cause engine damage and/or complete failure. It is advised that you upgrade your internal engine components and drive train to support the additional power and performance. For motorsport and track use, it is strongly recommended to upgrade your engine internal components to avoid catastrophic engine failure. This product is for race and track use only.
This part has been designed and is intended for off-highway application only. Installation of this part on a vehicle that is driven on public roads may violate U.S. and Canadian laws and regulations relating to emission requirements and motor vehicle safety standards. Click Here for Emissions compliance information.
|Dimensions||16 × 16 × 14 in|