|Piston Ring Sets|
|Bore Size||Over Size||Rod
|Piston Wt/Gms||Ductile Iron
|STOCK STROKE -2cc DOME||LT1/LT4|
|560065C-8||560065CE-8||4.065″||STD||6.125″||3.622″||1.304″||11.7 / 10.8||498||46016-8||46016ST-8|
PLATINUM SERIES LIGHTWEIGHT PISTONS
DIRECT INJECTED LT1/LT4 FOR 3.622″ AND 4.000″ STROKES
Manley pistons are machined of high strength 2618 material. Each design is lightweight yet robust enough to deliver long service life. Perfect ring groove to skirt squareness is achieved through our unique “one fixturing” manufacturing method that assures maximum horsepower. We utilize a proven offset wrist pin design, a 1.2, 1.2, 3mm Total Seal ring package and moly coated skirts for ultimate performance. Roundwire locks and pressure balance grooves are included with every set at no additional charge. Note: Compression ratios are calculated at 0.00″ deck clearance, a 9.240″ deck height, 60cc combustion chamber, and a .051″ thick compressed head gasket. 9310 alloy pin (Extreme Duty Series) included: P/N 42542 2.300″ x .210″ wall (4.065″-4.080″ bores) and P/N 42528 2.500″ x .210″ wall (4.125″-4.130″ bores)
Premium Chrome Moly wrist pins are included with the Standard Series and 9310 Alloy wrist pins are included with the Extreme Duty Series.
Pistons, Rings, & Wrist Pins
- 2618 alloy for maximum high temperature strength and fatigue resistance.
- 4032 “High Silicon” alloy for budget conscience street applications. (49 series Ford Modular only)
- “Contour forgings” provide the optimum balance between strength and weight with no grain-interrupting internal milling.
- Proprietary multi-step top ring groove machining process assures optimum control of the groove’s size, geometry, flatness, and finish.
- All final turning is performed in one fixturing resulting in complete squareness of rings to the cylinder wall.
- Federal Form-Scan gauging validates ideal skirt indexing to pinhole and skirt-to-skirt polarity.
- Value – added features such as a pressure balance groove included in all series.
- Precise pinhole machining results in an exact compression distance as well as precise lock ring groove spacing, size, and concentricity.
- Moly coated skirts come standard on all Ford Modular pistons and are optional on the Chevy LS and Chrysler HEMI pistons.
- Offset wrist pin design ensures more quiet start-ups and better performance.
|Dimensions||9 × 9 × 7.75 in|